Abuse is an 2D side-scrolling shoot-em up action/puzzle game. Although the
game borrows features from many genres of games it best fits under the
platform category. The Abuse game engine boasts many features with a
built-in Lisp interpreter (for modification and extension of the game world)
most likely being the most promising and exciting feature.
Here are the features of the game engine that are listed in the finger
information at [email protected]:
This is THE game to see.
- Beautiful shaped, point-source lighting
- Engine has built-in Lisp Interpreter. You can
add code into the game, or create a whole new
game which is instantly ported to many platforms,
has lighting, sound, mouse/joystick, network,
hi-rez and window support. You will be able to
licence copies of the engine to sell as your own.
* - Multi-player. IPX and TCPIP
* - Server/client. Start your game as a server and people can
join in/leave later, automatically downloading the current
level and state of game.
* - Built in Network File System abilities.
When you start up net games, just connect to the server and
access files like they were on your computer. Connect to
a "pacman" server and automatically download art, sfx, and
lisp code. Game compiles and starts running.
- Color matching system ensures you will see perfect graphics
even if your moniter is miscalibrated.
... Далее >>