- Animation rendered with in-house vector animation CAD (VCAD).
- Explosions and special effects rendered with in-house PART (particle
animation rendering tool).
- Artwork is editable by users with Satan Paint (free with CDROM
version). (beta available now at npc.ece.utexas.edu:/pub/satan_paint)
- Weapons, weapons, weapons.
- Hi-rez support with VESA drivers
- Ports for DOS, Linux Console, Linux X11; *(348,486,Pentium Linux)
SGI has graciously given us a Indgo II to port abuse
other ports to be announced.
* Not in initial release (we didn't have time to finish & test it as well,
as it should be). Look for a patch shortly after release.
E. Was Abuse Written Entirely in Lisp?
This has the unfortunate possibilty of becoming a well spread misconception.
While the external entity code that you will write for modifications and
additions (or total reconstruction) of the game will be in Lisp, the game
engine was written in C++. There is also a small amount of 80x86 assembly
in the DOS version.
Here is the wc (word count) output on the source code.
Lisp code: 5374 16377 142220 total
C++ code: 67904 185889 1717174 total
Asm code: (negligible)
Approximately seven percent of the game engine and Abuse combined is
Lisp code. The rest is C++. There 5044 lines of Lisp code distributed in
... Далее >>